Skip to main content
Today, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The lenten season is observed to better appreciate the death, and resurrection of Christ through self-examination, repentance, prayer, fasting, and self-denial. In addition, Ash Wednesday has another significant meaning for me.
It was on this day, Ash Wednesday that the Lord brought me out of my induced coma in 2000, March 8th to be exact. Prior to that, I could only recall seeing my brother the night of the fire in January who accompanied me in the ambulance while being transported to what was then called UMDNJ in Newark, NJ.
On that Ash Wednesday, I can remember seeing both my grandmother and my mommy sitting in my hospital room. Grandma holding a can of Pepsi, and mommy doing something with my feet, lol. Probably clipping my toe nails. There is also that taste of chicken broth or soup I will never forget fed to me intravenously along with other fluids to sustain me while I was in a coma.
Its been 16 years from the day I opened my eyes. I couldnt speak until the trache was removed but I not only have the ability to speak, sing, counsel but God gave me the authority and anointed me to preach His precious Word.
I would have never thought God could use someone like me who struggled with issues of low-self esteem, feelings of rejection from her biological father who wasnt consistently in her life and always feeling the need to be accepted. Heart was growing cold. Then to add being burned over 60% of my body and slight disfigurement to both my hands BUT GOD saw fit to reach down from heaven and grab me, heal me, restore me, adopt me, loves all of me, said daughter, sex is not the way to find me. You don't have to compromise because I already love you and I will never leave you. God has proved over and over to me and sometimes it is hard for me to believe that God is my Father, a good good Father! He has never failed me and He never will.
For someone out there who has ever been in my shoes, His love is big enough and great enough to help you through whatever your heart issue especially your sin issue!
I love Him and so grateful that I not only know Him but have relationship with my Father and He has called me to tell the world about Him...that my light shine that others may see and glorify Him....prayerfully they will know Him for themselves!
When nothing else could help, Love lifted me! I most certainly can't live without His love and there is nothing that will separate me from His love!
To All My Diamonds, You Continue To Let Your Light Shine Because The Light That Shines Through You Is Purposeful! He that began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ!
Oh how I love Jesus because He first loved me!
Love,
He's Mine And I'm His....
Proud Daughter of the King

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us. It hit my soul. Just Beautiful. Continue to Love The Lord as He continues to Love U.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praise God!

Diamonds, Praise God for the open doors to the hearts ready to accept Jesus as Lord! Praise God for every opportunity for the door to be knocked on that will lead to surrender and a saving grace covering all guilt, and shame from our pasts. Praise God for The Door which is Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth,  and the life! Praise God for the possibilities and opportunities that are married with a new life in Christ!! Thank You Lord for every open door!!!

Know why...

Diamonds, Always question why you are so quick to do for others. I personally used to deal with rejection issues and often extended myself out of fear of saying no because I had a warped view of relationships. I would agree to make myself available even when I couldn't because I was afraid to disappoint the other person I was seeking affection from and was fearful of running the risk of losing them. I heard a preacher say, "If you cant say no, then you are in bondage." You are in bondage because youre always at the object of your affections beckoning call or enslaved to them even if they are not being manipulative or abusive. Youre fear of losing them or being rejected will keep you in bondage and never experiencing the liberty and the right to say no. Saying no especially when you cant is not bad at all. Saying no never puts you in a bind when you really dont want to do for a person but decide to do so because it looks good ln the outside but inwardly you dont really...