Skip to main content
Diamonds,
It is God's intent that we experience and enjoy emotional and sexual joy; true passion is good and is approved by God but for those of us who are married now and have been around the block a few times can tell you that it's good to wait for the proper time (marriage) and the proper person (one's spouse). Don't allow sin, the lack of self-control and selfishness to pursue anyone outside of God's blessing plan for your life.
Both you and your future spouse is worth waiting for (if that is your desire) even in this fast paced society that promotes there is "no limit" on how many partners you can sleep with but never encourages us to wait.
Think of it this way, you wouldn't want to chew a piece of gum after several people have had it in their mouths, would you? Apply that same concept to your body. As Lindamichelle Baron shared in her book of poetry, "For the Love of Life" and I paraphrase, we can't be careless with our bodies that are more precious than the shoes we wear on our feet and willing to go broke for. You are worth way much more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The lenten season is observed to better appreciate the death, and resurrection of Christ through self-examination, repentance, prayer, fasting, and self-denial. In addition, Ash Wednesday has another significant meaning for me. It was on this day, Ash Wednesday that the Lord brought me out of my induced coma in 2000, March 8th to be exact. Prior to that, I could only recall seeing my brother the night of the fire  in January who accompanied me in the ambulance while being transported to what was then called UMDNJ in Newark, NJ. On that Ash Wednesday, I can remember seeing both my grandmother and my mommy sitting in my hospital room. Grandma holding a can of Pepsi, and mommy doing something with my feet, lol. Probably clipping my toe nails. There is also that taste of chicken broth or soup I will never forget fed to me intravenously along with other fluids to sustain me while I was in a coma. Its been 16 years fr...

Praise God!

Diamonds, Praise God for the open doors to the hearts ready to accept Jesus as Lord! Praise God for every opportunity for the door to be knocked on that will lead to surrender and a saving grace covering all guilt, and shame from our pasts. Praise God for The Door which is Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth,  and the life! Praise God for the possibilities and opportunities that are married with a new life in Christ!! Thank You Lord for every open door!!!

Know why...

Diamonds, Always question why you are so quick to do for others. I personally used to deal with rejection issues and often extended myself out of fear of saying no because I had a warped view of relationships. I would agree to make myself available even when I couldn't because I was afraid to disappoint the other person I was seeking affection from and was fearful of running the risk of losing them. I heard a preacher say, "If you cant say no, then you are in bondage." You are in bondage because youre always at the object of your affections beckoning call or enslaved to them even if they are not being manipulative or abusive. Youre fear of losing them or being rejected will keep you in bondage and never experiencing the liberty and the right to say no. Saying no especially when you cant is not bad at all. Saying no never puts you in a bind when you really dont want to do for a person but decide to do so because it looks good ln the outside but inwardly you dont really...