Skip to main content

A Servant's Heart

Diamonds, I prayed asking the Lord to give me a servant's heart and how else did I think this request would manifest itself? The Lord will place you in situations to serve others and I will be honest, when He did today, I didnt possess anything resembling the heart of a servant. I complained. I thought of what other personal things I wanted and had to do but being a servant means going out of your way for others in need. People are in so much need and the needs can be met if servants of God are willing to humble themselves and make themselves available.

In what ways is God calling you to serve but you are too busy to lend a helping hand? In what ways can you make yourself available for someone that needs a ride to the grocery store, laundry mat, or the doctor's office without pay? Not to mention, before dropping them off home, offering them something to eat or extending yourself alittle further by asking the simple question, " Is there anything else I can do for you?"

We tell people God loves them. We tell them that love is an action word. Well, today my friends, I thank God for the opportunity for me to be His hands and His feet!

I pray when the opportunity avails itself for you to be a blessing, you will accept the invitation to serve. Most importantly, when you do, serve as you are serving unto God and not man. Don't look for a reward from them but Him who has called you.

Love you all and in every way you can, be a blessing to someone!

Good Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The lenten season is observed to better appreciate the death, and resurrection of Christ through self-examination, repentance, prayer, fasting, and self-denial. In addition, Ash Wednesday has another significant meaning for me. It was on this day, Ash Wednesday that the Lord brought me out of my induced coma in 2000, March 8th to be exact. Prior to that, I could only recall seeing my brother the night of the fire  in January who accompanied me in the ambulance while being transported to what was then called UMDNJ in Newark, NJ. On that Ash Wednesday, I can remember seeing both my grandmother and my mommy sitting in my hospital room. Grandma holding a can of Pepsi, and mommy doing something with my feet, lol. Probably clipping my toe nails. There is also that taste of chicken broth or soup I will never forget fed to me intravenously along with other fluids to sustain me while I was in a coma. Its been 16 years fr...

Praise God!

Diamonds, Praise God for the open doors to the hearts ready to accept Jesus as Lord! Praise God for every opportunity for the door to be knocked on that will lead to surrender and a saving grace covering all guilt, and shame from our pasts. Praise God for The Door which is Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth,  and the life! Praise God for the possibilities and opportunities that are married with a new life in Christ!! Thank You Lord for every open door!!!

Know why...

Diamonds, Always question why you are so quick to do for others. I personally used to deal with rejection issues and often extended myself out of fear of saying no because I had a warped view of relationships. I would agree to make myself available even when I couldn't because I was afraid to disappoint the other person I was seeking affection from and was fearful of running the risk of losing them. I heard a preacher say, "If you cant say no, then you are in bondage." You are in bondage because youre always at the object of your affections beckoning call or enslaved to them even if they are not being manipulative or abusive. Youre fear of losing them or being rejected will keep you in bondage and never experiencing the liberty and the right to say no. Saying no especially when you cant is not bad at all. Saying no never puts you in a bind when you really dont want to do for a person but decide to do so because it looks good ln the outside but inwardly you dont really...