Skip to main content

Come out of Hiding!

What are you hiding for?  Who are you hiding from?

Only those whose works are evil hide and don't want their works to be exposed.  If you are walking in the light and your works are good in God's sight then please come out of hiding.  And I love how God forces some of us to turn on our light or in worst case scenario we leave the light off by omission when we are given the cue to flick our light switch on in the midst of a dark situation.

For instance, you are at work.  A group of your co-workers are gathered together for lunch and one of them mentions how her niece is considering the idea of having sex with her boy friend.  Everyone chimes in with their opinions.  One suggests being open to listening and being an ear for the young teenager.  Another commented that if necessary, offer to share with or educate her on practicing safe sex methods.

Now what if your colleague that initiated the conversation was looking to hear an alternative to what has already been stated and perhaps suggesting that her niece practices abstinence.  Now consider how you may not be trying to persuade her either way but the fact that you offered the alternative gave her a perspective that others may consider to be "outdated advice."  You may be the minority with this value system, but it is yours nonetheless.  Take advantage of this platform.  Let your light shine.  Be light or offer a different perspective than bowing down to the dominate views on premarital sex in our culture that promotes "Why buy the cow when the milk is for free?"  In other words, invite God's perspective, the biblical perspective into the conversation.

I also want to add:  There are too many of our young women that are willing to give away their milk and cookies before they even know what their God-given purpose is.  Before we offer them the option of which birth control to use, we need to brainstorm and help them define and help develop them personally, educationally, professionally, psychologically, emotionally, etc. before we exhaust the opportunities sexually....The bigger question is, "Why do you feel the desire to have sex now opposed to later (i.e. marriage) before you have even set any goals for yourself."  If love is what you are looking for then it's not accessed through your vagina, it's accessed by having meaningful relationships starting with knowing God for He is love (1 John 4:8) and discovering the true definition of what love is first....1 Corinthians 13:4-8a.

Being a light in this dark world also means not being afraid of who you are, not ashamed of Who's you are and standing on what you believe in.  You don't buckle under the pressure but utilize that pressure for its purpose to further prepare and position you to shine even brighter for the cause of Christ!

Writing With Christ In Mind,
Min. Dana McCain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The lenten season is observed to better appreciate the death, and resurrection of Christ through self-examination, repentance, prayer, fasting, and self-denial. In addition, Ash Wednesday has another significant meaning for me. It was on this day, Ash Wednesday that the Lord brought me out of my induced coma in 2000, March 8th to be exact. Prior to that, I could only recall seeing my brother the night of the fire  in January who accompanied me in the ambulance while being transported to what was then called UMDNJ in Newark, NJ. On that Ash Wednesday, I can remember seeing both my grandmother and my mommy sitting in my hospital room. Grandma holding a can of Pepsi, and mommy doing something with my feet, lol. Probably clipping my toe nails. There is also that taste of chicken broth or soup I will never forget fed to me intravenously along with other fluids to sustain me while I was in a coma. Its been 16 years from t
Diamonds,  your focus should never be to rub elbows with those in power, but to humbly serve in the capacity He has called you! Watch beloved, in due season, God will exalt you to places and positions that you thought was dependent on others! However, there is some truth to this.....the right Person in fact, is the one who called you to your position of purpose in first place--Jesus! Keep your eyes and your undivided attention on Him! If He said it, believe it! You can ALWAYS take God at His word! #BeKneeDeepInService #GodWillRewardYourFaithfulness #HeWillPlaceYouInThePresenceOfKings #StayInThePresenceofGod

#REMEMBER

On the eve of the 18th Anniversary of the campus fire at Seton Hall University (1/19/00), the Lord woke me up early this morning with thoughts of my late beautiful mother, aka "Red,"  👄 Doris Marlene King-Christmas. She left this earth serving and caring for both my sick grandmother as well as myself (2002). On the day of her aneurysm, we were preparing for another surgery related to the fire but she held her head high while fighting back her own tears, held my hand and to get my mind off of surgery, she asked me to cook a packet of oodles of noodles (LOL) for her. That woman was determined for me to regain my activities of daily living because little did I know, I would one day have a family to care of for myself by the grace of God. I could not have made it this far without the Lord using her to begin the process of healing. She kept a song in her heart, and a step in her foot (picturing her dancing like David did minus the clothes falling off (LOL). I would have been l